Friday, October 26, 2012

ashes to ashes, life or death...

Now I know this blog is about branding and design but I cant help it, I love MUSIC. I could lie and say I posted this for the beautiful cover art to be displayed, but truth is, its for the MUSIC and I guess I want to share it with all and sundry. But, the cover art is boss!!
So it happened yesterday, as I peeked over my wife's shoulder while she was browsing through the infamous Linda Ikeji Blog, and came across this poetic tribute by Mi Abaga, undoubtedly one of the greatest MC'S, not just in Africa but globally in my opine.



This tribute was dedicated to the 4 young men brutally murdered in the Aluu community of Rivers State. Being a proud Hip-Hop connoisseur, I can't call it rap, its more like melodic poetry, something you would hear from the likes of Common or Talib Kweli. The message is potent and cannot be overemphasised, "Nothing would be worse than for a death to mean nothing.".
Find the song and its lyrics as well as more poetry on Mr.Abaga's site and as a bonus, to only buttress the point of The short black boy, heres my very own song, (dont forget I said I was a musician as well) call it riding on Mr.Abaga's fame but hey, "standing on the shoulder of a giant ...".

The track's called Life or death and its a revamp of the popular " forever" by drake.  Find it here,  Feel free to download and share. Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment